Who doesn’t love an easy, yummy, quick protein filled mug cake? I know I sure love it. (Please excuse my nails, I have been dyeing yarn.)
Let’s jump right in!
- 2 tablespoons Arrowhead Mills protein flour (5 grams protein)
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sugar
- 1 scoop Quest Nutrition milkshake protein powder (22 grams protein)
- 1 egg (6 grams protein)
- 1/3 cup milk, any kind (roughly 2.5 grams protein in dairy milk)
- 1 – 2 tablespoon baking cocoa, depending on taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash vanilla extract and salt
Mix all ingredients in microwave safe mug. I like to top with some chocolate chips beforehand. Microwave 45 seconds to one minute. The longer you do it, the more cake like it’s going to get. I prefer mine on the more gooey side so I tend to stick to 45 seconds. I like to throw some sprinkles on and enjoy!
(This recipe has a total of 35.5 grams of protein if you stick to it exactly. It will obviously vary if you substitute ingredients.)
This is especially good with some ‘nice cream’ – blend frozen cherries or strawberries with frozen banana and a bit of milk. I use Ninja Foodi Smoothie Bowl Maker.
This post contains affiliate links.